Saturday, April 19, 2014

Holy Saturday

April 19, 2014 Saturday



BLESSING OF EASTER BASKETS AT ST. JOAN OF ARC PARISH, EVANSTON/SKOKIE, IL.

I eat 3 eggs a day - fried, scrambled and omelet with onions and tomatoes.  God embedded egg helix in my genetic make-up.  Thank God!  I don't put all my eggs in one basket but with one exception - I put all my eggs in one basket at Easter for the blessing.  I urge every Easter celebrants to participate if they have never done it.  It does not take long, just about 15 minutes or so. 

My 2014 Video Watch  http://youtu.be/2EkxwY-dxl8
 

Rev. Fr. Tom ~  SJA Parish Administrator





Easter eggs collection from parts of the world but not from Easter Island




Recycled Easter Greetings 2014
________________________________________



AFTER JESUS DIED...
WHAT HAPPENED?



For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.  He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in "prison" who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.  In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water. - First Peter 3:18-20

The statement by First Peter expresses the belief that after his death but before his resurrection, Jesus went to announce to those in "prison" that they had been saved and were invited to heavenly life - to taste and see the goodness of the Lord.  Early Christians believed that the just who died before the coming of Christ awaited redemption in a shadowy existence which is referred in th Old Testament as Sheol.
Now you know where Jesus went after He died - He descended to the dead to free them in their shadowy existence - in other words - prison or hell.

"Jesus remember me when you come into your kingdom"
The Holy Saturday evening Holy Mass in my parish is very long - almost two hours - for the readings start with the Creation...
You are the Way,
You are the Truth,
You are the Life,
My salvation.
You are the Way,
You are the Truth,
You are the Life,
The Gateway to my soul.

- Text 1999 Steve Angrisano, Thomas N. Tomaszek and Christi Smith
Published  4/7/12  ust1611 multiply
Web Page:  Holy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment